Southwestern is home to one of only two NAEYC (National Association for the Education of Young Children) accredited degree programs in Oregon! We are the ones in Oregon, California and Washington!
Interested in pursuing a career that will enhance the future, and support young children in meeting their potentials?
If you are - then Childhood Education & Family Studies may be for you!
Online and Face-to-Face
- Our Childhood Education & Family Studies program is a great place to begin to meet your goals of becoming preschool, elementary, or secondary teacher in any public and/or private educational setting.
- Our Career Pathways Certificates are available for career exploration, and professional development.
- Both of our associate degree options are articulated with Portland State University to move you seamlessly from earning your associate degree at Southwestern to earning your bachelors degree in Social Science with an Early Childhood Certificate at Portland State without losing any coursework that you have completed.
- Our Associate in Applied Science degree option is also articulated with Southern Oregon University’s bachelors in Early Childhood Development degree.
- A smooth transfer is also established with the Eastern Oregon University CUESTE Teacher Preparation cohort program for students seeking Teaching Licensure in Oregon, or for our AS degree students who are pursuing a bachelors degree in Liberal Studies with a concentration in Early Childhood Education.
- All of these programs can be completed right here on the South Coast of Oregon through Distance Education!
- Please take a look at the pdf catalog page links below for our program options and feel free to email or call for more information.
Credit for Prior Learning
Field Experience Course Information
Field Experience Forms
Oregon System for Career Development
More Information and Resources
Please email us at email@example.com for more information.