Southwestern's Board of Education
Citizens of the college district are represented in all aspects of the college operation by the Board of Education - seven men and women elected by the residents of the college district. The Board, assisted by four ex-officio Board members representing the students, faculty, and classified staff, determines the policies to be administered by the college President. A seven-member, appointed Budget Committee assists the Board with annual budget preparation.
Upcoming Board Meetings
November 16, 2015
Southwestern leads and inspires lifelong learning (Adopted June 26, 2006)
Southwestern Oregon Community College supports student achievement by providing access to lifelong learning and community engagement in a sustainable manner. (Adopted November 19, 2012)
CORE VALUES: (Revised March 23, 2015)
- Annual Report 2014
- Annual Report 2013
- Annual Report 2012
- Annual Report 2011
- Annual Report 2010
- Annual Report 2009
- Annual Report 2008
- Annual Report 2007
- Annual Report 2006
1988 Newmark Ave.
Coos Bay, OR 97420
Budget Committee & Calendar (additional materials regarding meetings can be found in the Meeting Materials section)
SOUTHWESTERN OREGON COMMUNITY COLLEGE BOARD GOALS 2015-16
- Support the development of a Health and Science Technology building matching funds campaign.
- Add Deferred Maintenance/Facilities to the monthly Board agendas.
- So that we can respond effectively, become knowledgeable about key issues including...
- HECC, CCWD, Boards of Education and Higher Education, and their relationships and impact
- Vision for Community Enhancement Plan funding
- Review and revise board policy sections 3000 to 6000.
- Work with the Foundation Board to implement the College vision and goals.
- Support and participate in Foundation activities.
- Oregon Community College Association (OCCA)
- Department of Community Colleges and Workforce Development (CCWD)
- ORS Chapter 341 (Community Colleges)
- ORS Chapter 192 (Public Meeting Laws)
- OAR Chapter 199 (Gifts)
- Oregon School Boards Association
- American Association of Community Colleges
- Association of Community College Trustees
Other Oregon Community colleges
- Blue Mountain Community College (Pendleton)
- Central Oregon Community College (Bend)
- Chemeketa Community College (Salem)
- Clackamas Community College (Oregon City)
- Clatsop Community College (Astoria)
- Columbia Gorge Community College (The Dalles)
- Klamath Community College (Klamath Falls)
- Lane Community College (Eugene)
- Linn-Benton Community College (Albany)
- Mt. Hood Community College (Gresham)
- Oregon Coast Community College (Newport)
- Portland Community College (Portland)
- Rogue Community College (Grants Pass)
- Tillamook Bay Community College (Tillamook)
- Treasure Valley Community College (Ontario)
- Umpqua Community College (Roseburg)