Employer Hiring Forum
What: 2017's Southwestern Spring Hiring Forum! <-- Get our flyer!
Where: Hale Performing Arts Center, Southwestern Oregon Community College
When: Tuesday, May 2, 2017 from 1:30pm - 4:00pm
Why: Regional Employers who regularly hire will be interested in talking to you, participating in mock interviews, and helping you make choices in your career arc.
What happened at last year's forum?
Spring 2016, in Empire Hall, Southwestern hosted an inspiring cast of employers and students.
Approximately 80 students and 37 employers from four target industries gathered in Empire Hall to for an afternoon of highly interactive, personal exchanges designed to help students orient themselves for the work force:
- Local Employer Survey about searching for employees, reading resumes and interviewing
- Surprising answers on Questions 3, 7 and 10!
- Panel discussions about industry specific considerations
- Early Childhood Education
- Forestry & Natural Resources
- Banking, Business, and Hospitality
- Mock Interviews with panel employers
- Networking and prize giveaways capped off the afternoon!
Watch video from our 2013 forum!
Students, employers and staff create real interviewing scenarios, then brainstorm about improvements or additions.