Criminal Justice Department
The Department offers programs to prepare students for successful and productive careers in law enforcement, corrections, and security administration. The program serves local and distance learners through web-based and other formats. The courses, certificates, and degrees produce informed and educated learners who possess the requisite analytical and technical skills required in contemporary criminal justice professions. The program intends to help and guide the learners to reach their full academic potential and prepare them for their career and a lifetime of learning.
- We value academic quality and diversity throughout our programs and career paths
- We value the integration of theory, practice, and academic rigor in our curriculum.
- We value enthusiastic, sincere, and steadfast service to others.
- We value personal responsibility for individual actions.
- We value flexibility, creativity, and critical thinking.
- We value the opportunity to mentor, encourage, and support learners as they explore their opportunities while enhancing their aptitudes and abilities.
"Our government...teaches the whole people by it's example. If the government becomes like the lawbreaker, it breeds contempt for law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself: it invites anarchy."
~ Louis Brandeis
Criminal Justice Instructor