Faculty Development Committee Responsibilities:
- To monitor the funding of activities which improve instruction and promote professional growth of the faculty.
- To inform all faculty about faculty development procedures, screens requests for funding, and recommends funding to the Vice President of Instruction.
- To inform all faculty about the Teaching Excellence Program, rank submissions, and submits recommendations to the Southwestern Foundation.
- To act as a screening committee for sabbatical leave requests.
- To initiate or coordinate faculty development programs.
Resources & Reference For Faculty
The Theory into Practice Database
The Seven Principles
Activity and Interactivity
Instructional and Curriculum Design