Faculty Development Committee Responsibilities:
- To monitor the funding of activities which improve instruction and promote professional growth of the faculty.
- To inform all faculty about faculty development procedures, screens requests for funding, and recommends funding to the Vice President of Instruction.
- To inform all faculty about the Teaching Excellence Program, funded by the Southwestern Foundation. The committee ranks submissions, and submits recommendations to the Vice President of Instruction and Student Services. Approved requests are then forwarded to the President for presentation to the Foundation Board for funding considerations each June.
- To act as a screening committee for sabbatical leave requests.
- To initiate or coordinate faculty development programs.
Resources & Reference For Faculty
The Theory into Practice Database
The Seven Principles
Activity and Interactivity
Instructional and Curriculum Design