Southwestern Community Partnership Family Center & Educare Preschool Program - Open to all Community Members!
The Southwestern Community Partnership Family Center provides young children with a nurturing, supportive environment that fosters their love of learning and their development into autonomous, healthy, caring human beings who can achieve their fullest potential in society.
Guided by current research and sound educational practices from the fields of child development and family studies, we are committed to providing a resource for the people of Coos County that strengthens child, parent, and community well being.
The Family Center, located across the street from Wal-Mart, and next to the Newmark Center on the Southwestern campus, represents a partnership of programs that support children and families. Our quality preschool program, Educare, is nationally accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children ( NAEYC) and supports parents as they go to work or go to school. We are not only for college students. We envision ourselves as a "Community of Learners" where children, families, practicum students, and staff of diverse backgrounds grow and learn together. Our preschool classes are open to all - the children of students, staff, and community members.
A state certified and National Association for the Education of the Young Child (NAEYC) accredited quality learning and growing environment for all!
Family Center Staff
- Director: Laurie Potts
- Faculty: Early Childhood Education - TBH
- CE & FS Program Assistant (Childhood Education and Family Studies): TBH
- Cook: Sharon Hartung
- Educare Preschool Lead Teacher and Practicum Supervisor: Daniel Birskovich
- Educare Team Leader: Audra Ashcraft
- Teaching Assistants: Vickie Hennessey and Amanda Peck
- Pathways to Positive Parenting Specialist: Kathy Barber
- Pathways to Positive Parenting Assistant: TBH
- Child Care Resource and Referral and QRIS Specialist: Jocelyn Hamner
- Child Care Resource and Referral Curry County: Elizabeth Cohen (housed in Brookings)
- Nurturing Center Coordinator: Linda Pezanoski
- Nurturing Center Life Skills Coach: Danaye Leonard
- Nurturecare Team Leader: TBH
- Nurturecare Assistants: TBH