Home > Student Employment > Federal Work-Study > Federal Work-Study Forms > Forms Needed for Federal Work-Study

Forms Needed for Federal Work-Study

Please use the form below to request Federal Work-study. You cannot work until you have been approved by the Student Employment Representative. 


In order to work in the United States, you must have the proper identification. Please see the List of Approved Documentation below:

Lists of Approved Documentation
One item from List A
One item from List B and one item from List C
1. U.S. Passport (unexpired or expired) 1. Driver’s license or ID card issued by a state or outlying possession of the United States provided it contains a photograph or information such as name, date of birth, sex, height, eye color, and address 1. US social security card issued by the Social Security Administration (other than a card stating it is not valid for employment)
2. Certificate of US Citizenship (INS Form N-560 or N-562) 2. ID card issued by federal, state, or local government agencies or entities provided it contains a photograph or information such as name, date of birth, sex, height, eye color, and address 2. Certification of Birth Abroad issued by the Department of State (Form FS-545 or Form DS-1350)
3. Certificate of Naturalization (INS Form N-550 or N-570) 3. School ID card with a photograph 3. Original or certified copy of a birth certificate issued by a state, country, municipal authority or outlying possession of the United States bearing an official seal
4. Unexpired foreign passport, with I-551 stamp or attached INS Form I-94 indicating unexpired employment authorization 4. Voter’s registration card 4. Native American tribal document
5. Alien Registration Receipt Card with photograph (INS Form I-151 or I-551) 5. US Military card or draft record 5. US Citizen ID Card (INS Form I-197)
6. Unexpired Temporary Resident Card (INS Form I-688) 6. Military dependent’s ID card 6. ID Card for use of Resident Citizen in the United States (INS Form I-179)
7. Unexpired Employment Authorization Card (INS Form I-688A) 7. US Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Card 7. Unexpired employment authorization document issued by the INS (other than those listed under List A)
8. Unexpired Reentry Permit (INS Form I-327) 8. Native American tribal document  
9. Unexpired Refugee Travel Document (INS Form I-571) 9. Driver’s license issued by a Canadian government authority  
10. Unexpired Employment Authorization Document issued by the INS which contains a photograph (INS Form I-688B) 10. School record or report card  
  11. Clinic, doctor, or hospital record  
  12. Day-care or nursery school record  

Students must provide an updated copy of any document which expires during the year. The updated copy must be received prior to expiration. Failure to provide the copy prior to expiration will result in a suspension of approval to work until the copy has been provided the Student Employment Coordinator or Human Resources.

Top of Page