Financial Aid

Federal Work-Study

Contact Student Employment Representative for available jobs on campus at 541-888-7411

The Federal Work-Study Program (FWS) provides jobs for undergraduate and graduate students with financial need, allowing them to earn money to help pay educational expenses. This program encourages the student to work in an area related to his/her course of study. Southwestern also offers the General Student Employment Program (GSE) and Athletic Work-Study (AWS).

Southwestern also participates in the America Reads and America Counts work programs. These two work programs are located in Southwestern's Child Care Center.

HOW DO I APPLY FOR FEDERAL WORK-STUDY?  Federal Work-Study funds are limited and must be applied for with the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The total award depends on when you apply, your need, and the funding level of the college. If you are interested in doing FWS, you must complete the FWS Request Form, available under Financial Aid Forms. If FWS is available, it will be added to your Financial Aid Award.

HOW MUCH WILL I GET PAID?  Students currently participating in the Federal Work-Study and General Student Employment programs at Southwestern are paid the State minimum wage rate.

Oregon State Minimum Wage Rate = $9.10 per hour