Welcome to the Student First Stop Center!
The Student First Stop Center provides a variety of services to students: general campus information; student employment services; payment for tuition and fees; admissions and registration; transcripts; financial aid to help with the cost of college.
We urge students, parents and the community to self-serve by utilizing Southwestern’s website and myLakerLink. myLakerLink will take care of your registration, payment and transcript needs. myLakerLink also provides assistance in Financial Aid, schedule planning and many other needs.
The Student First Stop Center is available in person, by phone and by email if additional assistance is needed.
The Student First Stop Center provides these services to students:
- Provide general campus and registration information (we are your starting point)
- Process waitlists (we notify you when you have permission to register)
- Process and resolve all student account issues (what is my bill for, where is my financial aid?)
- Process student payments
- Provide information for setting up payment plans
- Provide information on electronic disbursement (eCheck). Sign up via myLakerLink
- Assist with and answer all of your financial aid questions
- Intake of requested financial aid paperwork (after the FAFSA is filed)
- Assist with myLakerLink questions, issues, and updates to your record
- Process enrollment verifications (for student loan deferment, insurance or employment issues). Available on myLakerLink
- Process your official grade transcript requests (submit the transcript request form and we send it out)
- Evaluate all incoming college transcripts into Southwestern credits
- Process course challenges, advance placement, and CLEP
- Supply and process most applications (admissions, graduation, exception to policy, request for refund, academic suspensions)
- Visit us for your LakerOne card (bring a picture ID with you)
Mission - The Student First Stop Center inspires life long learning within the community by providing access to resources and services available to support student achievement.