All applicants for F-1 student status MUST provide the following documents:
Step 1. Please complete the International Student Application.
Step 2. The following documentation must be submitted by email or mail before your application can be evaluated:
- Official high school diploma or transcript and universities transcripts
- English Proficiency: official TOEFL Score (45+ iBT or 450+ PBT or 133+CBT), or a 5.0 bandwidth academic score on the IELTS test, or STEP EIKEN Grade 2A, or High Intermediate score on the GEPT (General English Proficiency Test in Taiwan).
- Official Bank Statement showing funds of USD$20,259 (dated within 3 months).
- Signed Sponsor Affidavit
- $40 Non-refundable International Application fee and $250 refundable housing application fee payable to Southwestern Oregon Community College (check or money order drawn against a U.S. bank) or complete FeePaymentByCreditCard form
- copy of Passport
- Proof of Medical Insurance (before or within 2 weeks of arrival in the U.S.)
Step 3. Housing Application:
- Will be completed online at myLakerLink once you have received an acceptance notification from Southwestern’s International Student Programs Office.
- Email a copy of MMR Immunization Record [PDF]
For international students transferring from another U.S. school to Southwestern Oregon Community College:
- Complete Step 1-3 mentioned above
- Copy of all prior I-20(s), Passport, Visa, and I-94 record
- Official Transcript(s) from previous school(s)
- SEVIS Transfer Clearance Form: This form needs to be filled out by your CURRENT school's' International Student Advisor or Designated School Official (DSO) and must show your last date of attendance. This form will be emailed to you after the admission decision is reached.
Mail all documents to the International Student Department:
Southwestern Oregon Community College
Attn: International Student Department
1988 Newmark Ave
Coos Bay , OR 97420 USA
|Term||Classes Begin||Outside U.S.||Within U.S.|
|Fall||September 24th||August 1st||September 1st|
|Winter||January 7th||November 1st||December 1st|
|Spring||April 1st||February 1st||March 1st|
*If you can’t meet the above dates please contact the International Student Department at email@example.com for additional help.