Welcome International Students!
Southwestern Oregon Community College is a state, fully accredited, two-year community college that prepares international students to succeed in their education while embracing American culture fully in a vibrant community. Students can earn Associate degrees or complete short-term certificated programs in more than 50 academic subject areas. We also have an on-site Culinary Institute for pursuing a career in the Culinary Arts and Baking & Pastry Arts. For students seeking to complete a Bachelor's degree, Southwestern Oregon Community College is an excellent place to complete the first two years of a Bachelor's degree (2+2 transfer preparation program) before transferring to a four-year university, such as University of Oregon or any of the Oregon State universities and other colleges and universities across the United States.
International Students Programs at SWOCC were created specifically to ensure a successful educational and personal experience among our international students as well as to promote cross-cultural understanding. Services for international students include academic and immigration advising, personal counseling and special events/activities. We are committed to helping international students adjust to a different educational and cultural environment.
Experience Southwestern! You will find a personal and caring atmosphere with faculty and staff who take an interest in you and your future. We are confident that you will soon see that Southwestern is truly a home away from home.
- Native speakers of English from Australia Canada, New Zealand, and United Kingdom are not required to provide proof of English Proficiency.
- U.S. citizens interested in Study Abroad can contact the International Student Programs Office for more information.
- Academic Calendar
- Final Exam Schedule
- International Education Service (IES)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
Programs of Study at Southwestern
- Associate of Arts Oregon Transfer (AA/OT)
- Oregon Transfer Module (OTM)
- Associate of Science (AS)
- Associate of General Studies (AGS)
- Associate of Applied Science (AAS)
- Associate of Science/Oregon Transfer degree in Business (AS/OT-Bus)
- One-year Certificates of Completion
- Less than One-year Certificates of Completion
Tuition Information for F-1 Visa International Students
The cost of Associate of Applied Science in Culinary Arts or Baking and Pastry is a flat USD$24,000 for the entire program (12 months on-campus studies): http://www.occi.net/admissions/tuition.shtml. There is 3-month externship required after completion of 12-month on-campus studies, which can be done anywhere, even outside of the US.
Please see below an estimate cost of 2014-2015 academic year (12 months) for international students on the F-1 visa status:
|Tuition & Fees||$24,000|
|International Student Scholarship for OCCI programs||-$1,000|
|Double Room & Board (On-Campus Housing)||$8,239|
Estimated Total Expenses
Links to information on pathways for transfer students at Oregon’s seven public universities are below.