Published Jun 9, 2014
(Updated Aug 25, 2014)
GUIDES TO ACADEMIC RESEARCH
ONLINE TUTORIALS AND VIDEOS
- TIP (Tutorial for Information Power): A tutorial on how to investigate, search, locate, evaluate and use information and guide to conducting research, from the University of Wyoming Libraries
- Doing Research: An introduction to the Concepts of Online Searching: A guide to choosing keywords and synonyms and combining concepts in a search by using the word AND, from the University of Illinois at Chicago Libraries
- Identify your Sources: An art history instructor at Otis College of Art and Design, Dr. Parme Giuntinti, explains the differences between scholarly (peer-reviewed), professional, and popular resources in this YouTube clip
GUIDES TO WEB RESEARCH
GUIDES TO WRITING BIBLIOGRAPHIES
- Diagnosis Plagiarism: A video from Yapavai College on how to prevent plagiarizing when creating research projects.
- Plagiarism tutorial: A guide to defining and avoiding plagiarism, written for college students, from Clark College.
- KnightCite: This great site formats the bibliographic entry for you, and you can select the appropriate style (MLA, APA, Chicago).
Top of Page