Goal 1) Maintain a balanced and organized collection of high-quality materials and provide professional assistance to all its users.
- Objective 1: Continue to evaluate and develop the collection in appropriate subject areas.
Goal 2) Provide access to information located elsewhere.
- Objective 1: Join larger non-local library consortiums (e.g., ORBIS).
- Objective 2: Continue to evaluate and develop the library's Web page including access to appropriate online databases.
- Objective 3: Expand and improve interlibrary loan services.
- Objective 4: Maintain formal library service agreements with various libraries and consortiums.
Goal 3) Deliver education and training in developing information-gathering skills, including accessing, evaluating, and using various information sources.
- Objective 1: Lobby for library instruction area on-site equipped with state-of-the-art software and hardware.
- Objective 2: Continue to evaluate and develop user education services including LIB127, Introduction to the Library, class.
- Objective 3: Create a technology replacement plan for library equipment.
Goal 4) Promote technological competence by providing access to information available in non-print formats.
- Objective 1: Acquire additional appropriate online databases.
- Objective 2: Increase number of patron computers with web access.
- Objective 3: Upgrade COASTLINE interface from text-only interface to graphic user web interface.
- Objective 4: Provide campus-wide access to list of video collection holdings on campus intranet, Network Neighborhood.
Goal 5) Cooperate with other organizations for the advancement of scholarship and college goals.
- Objective 1: Continue to participate in regional and statewide organizations to increase easy access to materials not in the library's collection.
Goal 6) Support the cultural awareness of students and the community at large.
- Objective 1: Develop a plan for acquiring music CDs.
- Objective 2: Evaluate the foreign language audiocassette collection and acquire replacements or additions as appropriate.