Instructional Testing Center
The Instructional Testing Center provides comprehensive testing services for Southwestern faculty and students. The Testing Center located in Tioga 405, provides a comfortable, quality environment where students can take tests scheduled by their instructors. We also make arrangements for Proctored Examinations for online classes.
The Instructional Testing Center assures that the highest level of academic testing standards are administered and maintained.
LOCATION CHANGE: The Testing Center has moved to the 4th floor, Tioga 405.
In accordance with the College's policy on academic dishonesty, the proctors in the the testing center are required to report any behavior that is contrary to the posted rules. The report will be attached to the student's test for the professor's review.
- All students MUST show picture ID. (No exceptions)
- All students need to register and sign in.
- Books and belongings will be placed on the bookcase.
- Students taking the same test must sit away from each other.
- Students are NOT ALLOWED to leave the testing center while they are taking a test, unless they have their instructor's consent.
- All students that are taking a test MUST be given a cup that corresponds to the rules of the test. Proctors need to hand all test-takers the appropriate cup.
Blue - Open book, open notes, may use calculator
Yellow - No book, open notes, may use calculator
Red - No book, no notes, no calculator, pen/pencil only Clear - Calculator only Green - Translator or dictionary or book only.
- No tutoring in the testing center. Proctors will send MTH 20 & MTH 70 students to the tutoring lab for help on pretests.
- No talking or texting.
- Drinks are allowed. No food.
- Turn off all cellphones, pagers, beepers, etc., and remove ALL headsets/earphones. * We Supply scratch paper - which is allowed unless otherwise stated.