Most students work the majority of their first days at Transitional Education on learning about software tools for learning, assessing what they know, and writing a sample essay response and personal introduction in email to instructors. The instructions for those are on this page, but completing them will link outside this website.
Supplements for Instruction
- Skillstutor - huge, free to Oregon college students, online textbook collection
Page 6 & 7 in Student Folder, about 30 minutes, record results
- No email? Go make that first at Google
make and account and record in the blue folder
- Need practice using the computer? Go to Digital Literacy
Good lessons there for learning about computers
- Freerice - good free time practice in spelling, math facts, etc.
http://freerice.com/user/register - make an account and record in the blue folder
- Typingweb - keyboarding practice. Get to 40 WPM.
http://www.typingweb.com/tutor/ - make an account and record in the blue folder
- Scoreboost - good addition to classes, especially for GED prep
http://scoreboost.newreaderspress.com/login/signup.php - make an account, link out from email, and record in the blue folder