Southwestern Writing Center
The Mission of the Southwestern Oregon Community College Writing Center is to support students in all facets of the writing process and to help students become confident, independent writers.
We assist students with the following:
- How to understand a writing assignment.
- How to develop, focus and organize ideas.
- How to create coherent paragraphs.
- How to integrate and document research.
- How to find and fix grammatical errors.
We will help with any writing assignment for any class. Our services are free and no appointment is necessary.
Send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Make sure to include:
- Your name, your instructor’s name, and the course.
- A clear description of the assignment.
- Specific questions about the help you want. For example: Is my thesis clear? Is paragraph 4 developed?
- A copy of the paper (5 pages max. preferably) as an attachment, or you can copy and paste the paper into the email.
The tutor will respond within approximately 24 hours.
Purdue Online Writing Lab: Provides information on all aspects of writing and research.
LEO: Literacy Education Online: Provides information on all aspects of writing and research.
Capital Community College Foundation: General grammar and writing assistance.
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill: Excellent source of information for all writing concerns.