HOW TO REGISTER FOR YOUR COMMUNITY EDUCATION CLASS
STEPS TO REGISTER BELOW - PLEASE READ
IMPORTANT: Please follow the step by step instructions below to complete your Community Education class registration before pressing the "REGISTER HERE" button. If you have any questions, please call Brenda Rogers at 541.888.7328 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For Curry Campus, please call Curry First Stop at 541.813.1667.
1. Enter your SOCC ID
Your myLakerLink ID will be your Student ID number (without the leading zeros).
- If you do not know your SOCC ID contact Community Education at 541.888.7328, or email email@example.com
- If you are not sure if you have a SOCC ID contact Community Education. Some students may have ID numbers from attending workshops or trainings that were hosted by SWOCC, but were not held at the SWOCC campus.
2. Enter your password
If you are a new or prior student and have not reset your password, your password is your date of birth - either in 6 or 8 digits (examples: 081781 or 08171981).
If you are unsuccessful, click on “Forgot My Password”. Enter your Student ID number, an email address you have on record with Southwestern, and click Continue.
If you need additional password assistance, please call 541.888.7425 or 541.888.7707.
3. Student Record Form
If you have never taken a SWOCC course you will need to complete a New Student Record form on myLakerLink before you can proceed with registration.
This form is located under the Admissions tab.
After you complete a New Student Record Form you will receive an email with your SOCC ID and password information.
Please allow at least two business days for the form to be processed.
If the campus is closed for a holiday, the form will be processed when we return to campus.
4. Class Registration Instructions on myLakerLink
- Go to myLakerLink student portal
- Login with your SOCC ID and password
- Select the Academics tab
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen
- Under Course Schedules complete the Personal Info Update form
- Select Add/Drop courses
- Add by course code (if you know the course number) or Course search (for a more advanced search)
Can’t find the courses you are looking for?
In the course search choose ALL in the Division. Courses are listed by division. Some community education courses are offered for credit. They are Undergraduate (UG) courses. Continuing Education (CE) are courses taken for personal enrichment or fun. When searching for courses make sure the correct division is selected.
If you are taking a credit course, you will receive an error message
Variable Grading Type
This course has a variable grading type. You must indicate the grading type for which you want to take the course before adding it. If you want to audit the course (no credit) select: Grade Scale default/Audit
- Select add courses
- Your course schedule will be displayed at the bottom of page
- Click on My Account Info to pay for your class
- Click on My Account Balances
- Follow prompts to pay for your class
Visit the Community Education page