Thanks to generous donors, the Southwestern Oregon Community College Foundation awards nearly $150,000 in scholarships to students attending Southwestern. Any student planning to attend the college during the 2021-22 academic year is encouraged to apply. This includes both full-time and part-time students.
Applications are available annually January 1 – March 1. For all the details and to apply, visit www.socc.edu/scholarships.
- One application automatically applies you to multiple scholarships.
- Early bird incentive! Applications submitted by 11:59 p.m. on February 1, 2021 are automatically entered to win a $1,000 scholarship.
- All applications are DUE BY 11:59 P.M. on MARCH 1, 2021. No exceptions.
Get a jump-start on your application by working on your personal statements! Here is a sneak peek. Complete these essays and have them ready to submit; it will make your application process a breeze:
- What are your specific educational plans and career goals and why? What inspires you to achieve them? (300 word maximum)
- What have you done for your family or community that you care about the most and why? (300 word maximum)
- Describe a personal accomplishment and the strengths and skills you used to achieve it. (300 word maximum)
- Describe a significant change or experience that has occurred in your life. How did you respond and what did you learn about yourself? (300 word maximum)
Apply starting Jan. 1, 2021 at www.socc.edu/scholarships.
Questions about scholarships? Contact [email protected] or 541-888-7209.