Please consider carefully your comfort level with navigating computers and other digital devices and technology. Technology Requirements can be found here. If you feel you need more computer skills before attempting a Distance Learning course we recommend you take an on-campus course such as CS 0170 first.
Digital File Management:
- Ability to create, name, save and find your documents.
- Download and upload documents via the web, as well as attach to and save from email.
- Transfer files via USB drive and/or cloud storage.
An online presence and web browsing:
- Be comfortable communicating with your instructors and classmates online.
- Navigate online coursework, due dates, instructions.
- Ability to search for and determine legitimate Internet source material.
Self-motivation and persistence:
- Know that online learning has a unique set of challenges and objectives.
- Procrastination is not your friend. It’s important to submit assignments before the deadline with some time to spare - allowing for possible system or connection problems that may delay your submissions.
To see firsthand what our Learning Management System 'eLearning' looks like, visit our 'How do online classes work' link to view videos of some of the most common functions within eLearning.