|Cost of Attendance Components for the Academic Year 2018-2019||Living with Parents/Relatives||Living in Own House/Apartment||Living in Student Housing|
|Tuition and Fees||$6,077||$6,077||$6,077||$6,077||$6,077|
|Books and Supplies||$1,500||$1,500||$1,500||$1,500||$1,500|
|Room and Board||$3,000||$3,900||$8,100||$8,662||$7,478|
|Total Cost of Attendance||$12,767||$13,667||$17,867||$18,128||$16,943|
Your Cost of Attendance (COA) reflects an average of costs and educational expenses from tuition and books to personal items and transportation. This is often referred to as your “budget.”
The important part to remember is that your COA does not reflect in any way what you actually owe or will owe the College. You will receive a statement of all your charges.
Standard budgets are assigned to each financial aid student, but it may vary based on living status, academic program and/or enrollment status.
- Tuition and fees are based on an average of 14.92 credits per term.
- If you are receiving a tuition waiver from Southwestern and receive other aid that puts you over your cost of attendance for the year, your tuition waiver will be reduced or removed as to not over-award you.
- Room and board costs are based on where you will live while attending Southwestern. Off-campus housing reflects current market rates in Coos County, while on-campus housing reflects actual costs for single and double rooms.
- Textbooks and supplies are based on average costs each term based on bookstore pricing.
- Transportation is an average based on travel to and from the college each term.
- Personal expenses are based on typical expenses students may incur in day-to-day living, such as clothing, recreation, household supplies, etc.
- For students who have unique circumstances, the budget may also be adjusted for the purchase of a computer (one-time), extensive travel requirements, educational-related disability expenses, and childcare costs while attending school - contact the Financial Aid Office for the appropriate forms to request these costs be included.