SNAP Training & Employment Program (STEP)
Newmark Center 1988 Newmark Ave.
Coos Bay, OR 97420
Please call for appointment
If you or someone you know needs immediate food assistance visit https://www.orcca.us/scfs.
Southwestern’s Free Supply Pantry is a resource for food, clothing, and hygiene supplies. Currently the pantry is available to students by appointment only. Please call 541-888-7316 or email us to request an appointment.
SNAP Recipients Eligible for Free Education and Career Services!
What is STEP?
STEP (SNAP Training & Employment Program) is a free, voluntary program that can provide students and job seekers added support and some financial assistance to get started on and reach their career and/or education goals. Simply put, your success is our goal!
Am I eligible?
TANF recipients are not eligible, please contact us if your TANF benefits are ending soon!
- Must be currently receiving SNAP benefits.
- Must be interested in pursuing education, training, and/or employment opportunities.
How can STEP help me?
- GED®, College Readiness & Education Planning, Academic Support
- Financial Aid & Scholarships Navigation, Tuition Assistance
- Course and Testing Fees, Supplies, Books
- Transportation Assistance
- Career Readiness, Individualized Job Search, Applications, Resume
- Interview & Work Clothing, Equipment, Tools
- Community Resources & Referrals
And much more!
How do I enroll in STEP at Southwestern?
Participants determined eligible for STEP will schedule a time to meet with their assigned Career Coach to develop an individualized plan to fit their needs and goals.
Need help choosing a career?
Use our Career Coach to find out how your interests match up with current education and career pathways!