SNAP Training & Education Program (STEP)
- English as a Second Language
- Adult Basic Skills
- Adult & Pre-College FAQs
- SNAP Training Education Program (STEP)
Contact InformationCoos Bay Campus, Tioga Hall, 3rdFloor
1988 Newmark Avenue
Coos Bay, OR 97420
Monday-Friday 8am-5pmCurry Campus-Brookings
96082 Lone Ranch Parkway
Brookings, OR 97415
Call for hours/scheduleGold Beach Center
29392 Ellensburg Avenue
Gold Beach, OR 97444
Call for hours/scheduleEmail
SNAP Recipients Eligible for Free Career Services Through STEP at Southwestern
What is STEP?
SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) Recipients may be eligible for free Career Coaching services from Southwestern Oregon Community College through STEP (SNAP Training & Education Program).
- Must be currently receiving SNAP benefits.
- TANF recipients are not eligible, please contact us if your TANF benefits are ending soon!!
- Must be interested in pursuing training, job search, and/or education opportunities.
Individuals who enroll in STEP at Southwestern will benefit from:
- Career Coaching
- Employer Connections, Resumes, Cover Letters, Interview and Job Search Skills
- Academic Support and College Navigation
- College Readiness and Education Planning, Financial Aid and Scholarships; GED, ESL (English as Second Language), and ABS (Adult Basic Skills). Community Resources and Referrals, and more!!
- Full-Time Student SNAP eligibility requirement of working 20 or more hours per week may be waived. *See Career Coach for more details*
How do I enroll in STEP at Southwestern?
- Fill out initial intake forms:
- Update or create new iMatch account here.
- Contact Southwestern’s SNAP Training & Employment Program Coordinator, Genavieve Sharkey at [email protected], (541) 888-1647
- Participants who are determined eligible for STEP will schedule a time to meet with their assigned Career Coach to develop a plan to meet their needs and goals.