Student Recreation Center
Mon - Fri, 7 am - 9 pm
Sat & Sun, 8 am - 3 pm
Have a Question? Call us!
Student Recreation Center
The student recreation center is open!
- Service Changes:
- No towel service currently
- Yoga mats, yoga blocks, yoga straps, and foam rollers are not currently provided. Patrons may bring their own for use.
For comprehensive information on the College’s COVID-19 related updates, visit the Novel Coronavirus Updates webpage.
Any Southwestern student, registered for a minimum of one paid credit per term will have access to the facility during open usage times.
Any person not taking a credit class can register to use the Student Recreation Center by contacting the Front Desk.
Persons 10-17 years old are permitted to use the facility with parent/guardian signature approval. For those 15 years and younger, an adult must be present with the youth. Persons 9 years of age or younger are not permitted to use the Student Recreation Center unless otherwise specified by an event, camp, or class.
Rooms are open on an individual basis for use during times when not reserved for classes, community education, intercollegiate sports and intramurals. Schedules will be posted near the entrances to each room. People interested in securing a room for a specific group or event can submit a request by emailing [email protected].
Shower Towels, Locks, and Equipment Checkout/Rental
- A picture ID (i.e., driver's license) or approved Rec Center/SWOCC ID is required for check-out of towels and equipment. Your ID will be returned to you upon return of the checked-out item.
- A wide variety of recreational equipment is available for checkout. A few items have a small rental fee associated with checkout. Inquire with the Front Desk staff. Card holding students are eligible to use this service upon the presentation of required identification. Equipment may be used inside or outside the Student Recreation Center. There is a $1.00 per-item per-day late return charge.
Food and Beverages
- Clear drinks in plastic bottles are allowed in the weight room. Other food and drink are only allowed in the lobby area.
- Lockers are available on a first come, first served basis.
- All lockers are for day use only. All lockers must be emptied, cleaned out, and locks removed by the time you leave the building. Any remaining locks may be cut and items may be removed and disposed of.
General Dress Code for Exercise Rooms
- Acceptable Top: T-shirt, sweatshirt, full tank top (cover midriff).
- Unacceptable Top: No shirt, bare midriff, sports bra, ripped tops.
- Acceptable Bottom: Workout pants, sweatpants, shorts.
- Unacceptable Bottom: Slacks, cut-offs, jeans, cargo pants, cargo shorts.
- Acceptable Shoe: Athletic shoes. No open-toed shoes allowed.
- Unacceptable Shoe: All other shoes (including dress shoes, sandals, and boots).
Rock Climbing Wall
- Climbers must be enrolled in an Indoor Rock Climbing class to use the climbing wall, only during approved times when a designated Rock Wall Supervisor is present.
- Climbing shoes and socks must be worn while using the climbing wall. Shirts must be worn (no muscle shirts).
- The racquetball court is available in one-hour blocks, starting at the beginning of each hour. Please reserve your time at the Front Desk. Reservations can be made up to 48 hours in advance (limit one reservation at a time).
- A reservation not claimed 15 minutes into the hour may be canceled.
- Shoes that may scuff or otherwise damage the floor are not allowed.
- Walking is to be done on the outer most lanes of the track.
- No metal cleats are allowed anywhere on the soccer field or track.
- No pets allowed.