Your Future Starts at Southwestern!

To request information about Admissions at Southwestern, please fill out our General Inquiry Request Form on myLakerLink.

If you need help at any time with any part of this process, see the Admissions Office in Dellwood Hall, Room 4, or call 541.888.7636 or 1.800.962.2838ext. 7636 to schedule an appointment.

Individuals who do not meet the admission criteria and have not graduated from high school may be admitted under certain circumstances as a regular student or as a conditional student. Contact Educational Support Programs and Services (ESPS) in Stensland Hall at 541.888.7405 for requirements.

Southwestern has an open admission policy and welcomes students who wish to obtain a quality education.

First Time SWOCC Student

  1. Complete an Application for Admission - Visit myLakerLink and fill out the Application for Admission form.
  2. File a FAFSA - Students who wish to receive Federal Financial Aid should apply at It can take up to three months to process. Apply early!   Financial Aid - Visit the Financial Aid website to find out more.
  3. Purchase your Textbooks at the Bookstore -
  4. Attend New Student Orientation - Visit the New Student Orientation (NSO) website for more information.
For more detailed information on how to enroll at Southwestern click here.

High School Student or Under 18

Under 18 or in High School

Southwestern looks forward to having you on campus; however, we want you to understand that we have a varied student body who brings their own experiences and ways of interacting. We want you and your parents to understand you are about to enter a college environment. You will encounter adult level material and students of all ages and backgrounds.

If you are attending high school and want to receive credit from both Southwestern and you high school, or are taking college classes during high school hours, complete the High School Partnership Agreement and Student Record Form. If you are under 18 or in High School and want to attend Southwestern but not receive high school credit, or are taking classes outside of school hours, complete the Underage Student Agreement and Student Record Form.

High School Contact:  

Teri Grier  
In-District High School Relations Coordinator

For more information about our High School Program, click here.

Non-degree Seeking Student


Students taking less than 12 credits in a term or attending a class for personal interest only need to complete a Student Record Form on myLakerLinkOnce the required information is submitted, please allow three working days to receive your user ID and password by email.

For more detailed information on how to enroll at Southwestern click here.

Community Education or Workforce Development



IMPORTANT: Please follow the step by step instructions below to complete your Community Education class registration before pressing the "REGISTER HERE" button. If you have any questions, please call Brenda Rogers at 541.888.7328 or email [email protected].  For Curry Campus, please call Curry First Stop at 541.813.1667.

1. Enter your SOCC ID

Your myLakerLink ID will be your Student ID number (without the leading zeros).

  • If you do not know your SOCC ID contact Community Education at 541.888.7328, or email [email protected]
  • If you are not sure if you have a SOCC ID contact Community Education. Some students may have ID numbers from attending workshops or trainings that were hosted by SWOCC, but were not held at the SWOCC campus.
2. Enter your password

If you are a new or prior student and have not reset your password, your password is your date of birth - either in 6 or 8 digits (examples: 081781 or 08171981).

If you are unsuccessful, click on “Forgot My Password”.  Enter your Student ID number, an email address you have on record with Southwestern, and click Continue.

If you need additional password assistance, please call 541.888.7425 or 541.888.7707.

3. Student Record Form

If you have never taken a SWOCC course you will need to complete a New Student Record form on myLakerLink before you can proceed with registration.

This form is located under the Admissions tab.

After you complete a New Student Record Form you will receive an email with your SOCC ID and password information.

Please allow at least two business days for the form to be processed.

If the campus is closed for a holiday, the form will be processed when we return to campus.

4. Class Registration Instructions on myLakerLink
  • Go to myLakerLink student portal
  • Login with your SOCC ID and password
  • Select the Academics tab
  • Scroll to the bottom of the screen
  • Under Course Schedules complete the Personal Info Update form
  • Select Add/Drop courses
  • Add by course code (if you know the course number) or Course search (for a more advanced search)

Can’t find the courses you are looking for?

In the course search choose ALL in the Division. Courses are listed by division. Some community education courses are offered for credit. They are Undergraduate (UG) courses. Continuing Education (CE) are courses taken for personal enrichment or fun. When searching for courses make sure the correct division is selected.

If you are taking a credit course, you will receive an error message

Variable Grading Type

This course has a variable grading type. You must indicate the grading type for which you want to take the course before adding it. If you want to audit the course (no credit) select: Grade Scale default/Audit

  • Select add courses
  • Your course schedule will be displayed at the bottom of page
  • Click on My Account Info to pay for your class
  • Click on My Account Balances
  • Follow prompts to pay for your class

Visit the Community Education page