Student First Stop
Welcome to the Student First Stop Center!
The Student First Stop Center provides a variety of services to students: general campus information; student employment services; payment for tuition and fees; admissions and registration; transcripts; financial aid to help with the cost of college.
We urge students, parents and the community to self-serve by utilizing Southwestern’s website and myLakerLink. MyLakerLink will take care of your registration, payment and transcript needs. myLakerLink also provides assistance in Financial Aid, schedule planning and many other needs.
The Student First Stop Center is available in person, by phone and by email if additional assistance is needed.
We provide these services
- Process waitlists (we notify you when you have permission to register)
- Process and resolve all student account issues (what is my bill for, where is my financial aid?)
- Process student payments and set up payment plans
- Provide information on electronic disbursement (eCheck).
- Answer financial aid questions
- Intake financial aid paperwork (after the FAFSA is filed)
- Assist with myLakerLink questions, issues, and updates to your record
- Process enrollment verifications (for student loan deferment, insurance or employment issues).
- Process official grade transcript requests (submit the transcript request form and we send it out)
- Evaluate all incoming college transcripts for Southwestern credits
- Process course challenges, advance placement, and CLEP
- Supply and process most applications (admissions, graduation, exception to policy, request for refund, academic suspensions)
- Visit us for your LakerOne card (bring a picture ID with you)
Mission - The Student First Stop Center inspires lifelong learning within the community by providing access to resources and services available to support student achievement.