To become an International Student at Southwestern, please:
1. Complete the online International Student Application.
2. Submit copies of the following documents by email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- High School Diploma or transcripts or equivalent.
- Proof of English Proficiency. If your native language is not English, you must submit the minimum scores from one of the following exams: TOEFL (45 iBT or 450 PBT)*, Academic IELTS (5.0 bandwidth), Pearson Test of English Academic (40), STEP EIKEN Grade 2A, or GEPT (High Intermediate).
- Official Bank Statement or Letter showing proof of funds of USD$20,580 or more (dated within 6 months).
- Signed Sponsor Affidavit
- $40 Non-refundable International Application fee and $250 refundable housing application fee payable to Southwestern Oregon Community College (check or money order drawn against a U.S. bank) or complete the Fee Payment By Credit Card form.
- copy of Passport
3. After completing ALL of the above, the Southwestern ISP Office will send you an official letter of acceptance and an I-20 form for U.S. F-1 visa application purposes by mail. After receiving your F-1 visa from a U.S. Embassy or Consulate, you will lastly need to:
- Complete and submit the student housing preferences forms (to be sent to the student later after completion of the above)
- Email the ISP Office a copy of your MMR Immunization Record
- Email the ISP Office proof of Health Insurance for the USA***
Transfer Students from other U.S. Colleges or Universities:
If you are planning to transfer to Southwestern Oregon Community College from another college, university or post-secondary institution in the U.S., you will also need to submit the following documents:
- Copy of all prior I-20(s), Passport, and Visa
- Official Transcript(s) from previous colleges or universities**
- SEVIS Transfer Clearance Form: This form will be emailed to you after the admission decision is reached.
Please email copies of all documents to email@example.com
*Southwestern Oregon Community College's TOEFL Code is 4729
**Please mail all official university or college transcripts to:
Southwestern Oregon Community College
Attn: Transcript Evaluator
1988 Newmark Avenue
Coos Bay, OR 97420
***International Students at Southwestern are free to purchase health insurance from any provider. The ISP office can offer suggestions in this regard but is not affiliated with any specific entity, nor will the college take any responsibility for any conflicts or issues that may arise between the insurance provider and the student.
|Term||Classes Begin||Outside U.S.||Within U.S.|
|Fall||September 26||August 1st||September 1st|
|Winter||January 2||November 1st||December 1st|
|Spring||March 27||February 1st||March 1st|
*If for whatever reason prospective international students cannot meet the above submission deadlines for their desired term of enrollment, please contact the International Student Programs office at firstname.lastname@example.org. Extensions to any of the above deadlines are generally not allowed and exceptions can only be considered on a case-by-case basis provided the student can show proof of a legitimate hardship that has resulted in his or her inability to complete the admission requirements before the deadline period for the relevant term.