To become an International Student at Southwestern, you must:
First: complete the online International Student Application.
Second: Submit copies of the following documents by email to email@example.com:
- High School Diploma or transcripts or equivalent.
- Proof of English Proficiency. If your native language is not English, you must submit the minimum scores from one of the following exams: TOEFL (45 iBT or 450 PBT)*, Academic IELTS (5.0 bandwidth), Pearson Test of English Academic (40), STEP EIKEN Grade 2A, or GEPT (High Intermediate).
- Official Bank Statement showing funds of USD$20,580 (dated within 6 months).
- Signed Sponsor Affidavit
- $40 Non-refundable International Application fee and $250 refundable housing application fee payable to Southwestern Oregon Community College (check or money order drawn against a U.S. bank) or complete FeePaymentByCreditCard form
- copy of Passport
- Proof of Medical Insurance (before or within 2 weeks of arrival in the U.S.)
After completing ALL of the above, the Southwestern ISP Office will send you an official letter of acceptance and an I-20 form for U.S. F-1 visa application purposes by mail. After receiving your F-1 visa from a U.S. Embassy or Consulate, you will need to complete a student housing preferences forms, and send a copy of your MMR Immunization Record.
Transfer Students from other U.S. Colleges or Universities:
If you are planning to transfer to Southwestern Oregon Community College from another college, university or post-secondary institution in the U.S., you will also need to submit the following documents:
- Copy of all prior I-20(s), Passport, and Visa
- Official Transcript(s) from previous colleges or universities**
- SEVIS Transfer Clearance Form: This form will be emailed to you after the admission decision is reached.
Please email copies of all documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Southwestern Oregon Community College's TOEFL Code is 4729
**Please mail all official university or college transcripts to:
Southwestern Oregon Community College
Attn: Transcript Evaluator
1988 Newmark Avenue
Coos Bay, OR 97420
|Term||Classes Begin||Outside U.S.||Within U.S.|
|Fall||September 26||August 1st||September 1st|
|Winter||January 2||November 1st||December 1st|
|Spring||March 27||February 1st||March 1st|
*If you can’t meet the above dates please contact the International Student Department at email@example.com for additional help.