How to Apply
How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in Southwestern Oregon Community College. We are an equal opportunity educator and employer. Here are some things that you should know about submitting your application and also about our search process.
How to Apply
If this is the first time you are applying for a position with SWOCC using our online system, it is very important that you read the following information before applying.
SWOCC only accepts applications through our online application system and only for current open recruitments. Online applications are stored on a secure site. Only authorized employees and hiring authorities have access to the information submitted.
- Set up your personal application profile.
- Complete and update your application info.
- Apply for specific jobs.
- Submit attachments such as cover letter, resume, transcripts, etc.
- Submit Job Interest Card sending you an email of a Job Alert
You must have a valid e-mail address to access the system. All notices such as application receipt and status of your application will be sent to your email account. If you do not already have an email account, you may obtain a free one at sites such as: AOL, Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo
EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION PROCESS
- New Applicants: If this is the first time you are applying using our online job application, you must create an account and select a Username and Password. Please click on Applicant Login to your left in the navigation area of this page. After your account has been created, you can build an application by clicking on the "Create Application" link. This application can be saved and used to apply for more than one job opening and for future job openings. To apply for a specific job, please see the instructions below for Returning Applicants.
- Returning Applicants: To apply for a specific job opening, click on the job posting from the list below, then click on the “Apply” link, enter your username and password and click “Login.” After you log in, click the Job Title link and proceed with your application.
- To check your status on an existing application: Click on Applicant Login to your left in the navigation area of this page. Enter your username and password. View your status for each job for which you have applied.
It is important that your application show all the relevant education and experience you possess and that you submit the required application materials. All application should clearly show that the applicant meets the minimum qualification as set forth in the job description.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Please review the job posting of the position you are interested in for specific requirements. A complete application will consist of an online application and one or more of the following:
- Letter of Interest/Cover Letter
- Transcript(s) are required if college courses or a degree is a required competency. If college courses or a degree are a preferred competency, you must submit unofficial transcripts if you are using this competency to demonstrate your qualifications.
It is the policy of Southwestern Oregon Community College Board of Education that there will be no discrimination or harassment on the grounds of race, color, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, political affiliation, parental status, veteran status or disability in any educational programs, activities or employment. Persons having questions about equal opportunity and nondiscrimination should contact Dean of Administrative Services in Tioga 512. Phone 541-888-7206 or TDD 541-888-7368. All other issues, concerns, and complaints should also be directed to the Dean of Administrative Services for referral to the appropriate administrator.
A committee of three or more people screens applications for full-time administrative and faculty positions, as well as full and part-time classified bargaining unit positions. The committee recommends a list of finalists to the appropriate manager. The manager and/or college President may also interview candidates for full-time positions. Finalists will be invited for interview by telephone; those not selected for an interview will be notified by email.
- As our process requires the decisions and input of several people, it is not always possible to give a definite time frame as to when interviews will take place.
- To check the status on jobs you have applied for Click on Applicant Login to your left in the navigation area of this page. Enter your username and password. View your status for each job for which you have applied. You may also call us 541.888.7115 to check on the status of the search.
- Federal regulations require that all documents submitted be retained by the college for two years. No submitted materials will be returned and/or duplicated. We require a new application for each position applied for, and it is advisable that you keep a copy for your own records.
- The college reserves the right to re-advertise any position or to delay indefinitely filling a position if we determine that: (1) applicants do not constitute an adequate recruitment pool; (2) candidates within the pool do not fulfill the desired qualifications; or (3) the college does not have necessary funds for the position at that time or it is for any reason not in the best interest of the college.
If you have a disability and need special accommodation for the application process, please contact the Human Resources Office at 541.888.7115 at least three (3) days prior to need.
Southwestern Oregon Community College is an equal opportunity educator and employer.