SNAP Recipients Eligible for Free Career Services through STEP at Southwestern
What is STEP?
SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) Recipients are eligible for free Career Coaching services from Southwestern Oregon Community College through STEP (SNAP Training & Education Program).
Who is eligible for STEP?
- Must be currently receiving SNAP benefits.
- TANF recipients are not eligible, please contact us if your TANF benefits are ending soon!!
- Must be interested in pursuing training and/or education opportunities.
What is STEP at Southwestern?
Do you meet STEP eligibility criteria listed above?
Do you have an initial goal of working on basic skills including GED, Adult Basic Education (ABE), English as Second Language (ESL)?
Do you have a secondary goal around vocational training or employment?
Are you interested in career and academic coaching to help you meet your goals?
*If you answered yes to all these questions STEP at Southwestern may be right for you.
Individuals who enroll in STEP at Southwestern will benefit from:
- Career Coaching
- Employer Connections, Resumes, Cover Letters, Interview and Job Search Skills
- Academic Support and College Navigation
- College Readiness and Education Planning, Financial Aid and Scholarships; GED, ESL (English as Second Language), and ABS (Adult Basic Skills). Community Resources and Referrals, and more!!
How do I enroll in STEP at Southwestern?
- Fill out initial intake forms:
- Update or create new iMatch account here.
- Contact Southwestern’s Career Coach, Genavieve Sharkey at email@example.com, (541) 888-1647
- Participants who are determined eligible for STEP will schedule a time to meet with their assigned Career Coach to develop a plan to meet their needs and goals.