Read More +


Food Service
Read More +

Food Service

Laundry View
Read More +

Laundry View

Housing Staff
Read More +

Housing Staff

Welcome to SWOCC Student Housing!

Southwestern Oregon Community College is one of only a few community colleges in the state of Oregon to provide housing and meal plans for students. Our 18 buildings offer apartment-style accommodations and quality living/ learning opportunities that are sure to be an integral part of your college experience.

You know we're a great value - just one reasonable payment covers rent, food, utilities, and cable - and we know we're the right choice for academic support, graduating on time, and a strong GPA. We're all about better grades, convenience, security, delicious meals, savings, and friends for a lifetime. Thanks for choosing Southwestern Student Housing - we're saving a place for you next year.

The 2016-2017 Housing Information is now available! 

2016-2017 Student Housing Information 
2016-2017 Housing Room and Board Agreement

1. All out-of-district/out-of-state first time freshman students choosing to

attend Southwestern must live in Student Housing their freshman year unless:

  • You have a dependent or are married.
  • You are a veteran.
  • You are 21 years of age prior to the first day of class.
  • Student Housing is filled.
  • You have passed 45 credit hours of college courses.
  • You are approved to enroll in a specific 100% online degree program.

2. Students must be 18 years old before December 15th of the school year they are attending.

3. Students must be enrolled full-time to remain in Student Housing.

4. First time freshman living in Student Housing includes enrollment in a designated college success course.*

Policy exceptions must be requested in writing to the office of Student Housing. * Requirement for all first time freshman attending Southwestern living in Student Housing includes enrollment in HD100 College Success and Survival course. This is a mandatory.

A checklist below is provided to help you complete the process. The deposit is refundable according to the “Room and Board Rates and Deadlines” policy. There is no deadline to apply but room assignments are based on the date all materials are received and subject to room availability, so it is to your advantage to submit everything as early as possible. Read the complete Room and Board Agreement at

The Housing Application can be completed online at myLakerLink, under the Campus Life tab, once you have received an acceptance notification from Southwestern’s Admission Office. Complete the online application and pay the $250 housing deposit at


  1. Read the Student Housing Application Information packet and Room and Board Agreement.
  2. Complete application process and pay reservation deposit online.
  3. Submit copies of MMR Immunization Records to Admissions or Student Housing.
  4. Deadline for submission of Financial Aid paperwork:
  5. Receive an official financial aid award letter.
  6. Make payment arrangements on any balance not covered by financial aid prior to arrival.
  7. If you are a student applying for a loan, please visit the Financial Aid web page to complete the loan steps.

Dates and Deadlines

Terms of Enrollment FAFSA Deadline Deadline for submission of additional paper-work. Required of every Financial Aid Applicant
Summer Term 2016-2017 January 23, 2016 April 22, 2016 - Contact our office if attending
Fall Term 2016-2017 March 1, 2016 July 8, 2015
Winter Term 2016-2017 June 1, 2016 October 14, 2016
Spring Term 2016-2017 August 1, 2016 January 27, 2017


College policy requires all out-of-district/out-of-state first time freshman students choosing to attend Southwestern to live in student housing their freshman year unless you have a dependent, are a veteran, are 21 years of age prior to the first day of class, or if student housing is filled. To be eligible for housing students must be 18 years old before December 15th of the fall term dated above.

Room Reservation and Cancellation 

New Applicants - Students applying for housing, the housing deposit is refundable (less $30 application fee) if cancelled in writing prior to the following dates: Fall term – second Friday in August; Winter term
– last Friday before Thanksgiving; Spring term – last Friday in February. Any room reservation cancelled after these deadlines or during any term at any time (other than the scheduled cancellation period each term) will result in forfeiture of the $250 housing deposit. This does not apply to students on the housing waiting list where no deposit is required.

Current Student Residents - Students canceling during the cancellation period posted at the end of the fall and winter terms will forfeit $125.00 of the Housing Deposit. The remaining deposit balance will be applied to their student accounts or refunded (a form is provided). At the end of the spring term students’ housing deposit will be applied to their student accounts or refunded unless they reserve a for a future term. Students failing to indicate in writing they are not returning to housing or Southwestern during any cancellation period will forfeit the $250.00 Housing Deposit.

Financial Aid – For students expecting financial aid, you will need to have the following submitted by the deadline date: (1) all required financial aid paperwork AND (2) the three step loan process if applying for a student loan. Visit the Financial Aid web page. Receiving Financial Aid does not necessarily mean your student housing charges are completely covered; in fact, you should still expect to pay part of the cost out of pocket.

If the above financial aid paperwork is not completed by the deadline date, or your aid package is less than the cost of housing or tuition, you must make payment arrangements at the Student First Stop Center in Dellwood Hall, 541.888.7352 or 1.800.962.2838 ext. 7352.

We are looking forward to seeing you on campus. If we can be of further assistance, please contact us at 541.888.7635 or 1.800.962.2838 ext. 7635.

If you plan to bring a computer with you to Southwestern Oregon Community College, and would like to have Internet and email access using your personal computer or tablet, you must connect your computer to the campus network in order to receive your Internet service.

The campus network cannot be bypassed by accessing local dialups (using phone modem, DSL, or cable modem) with an alternate Internet Service Provider. All local ISP access numbers are blocked in the campus phone switch. Television is by satellite, not cable. DSL is not available because all telephone lines pass through the College’s phone switch. Consequently, the only way to have Internet access and email on a personal computer is to connect to the campus network.

To protect the campus network, your computer, and the quality of Internet access for all users, the College has implemented the following procedures and requirements before your personal computer can be connected to the campus network.

  1. All computers must have a Wireless Network Interface Card (NIC) or an Ethernet NIC, properly installed driver and an Ethernet network cable (the cord that connects the computer jack to the wall jack; this network cable has connectors that are wider than a standard telephone jack).
  2. Once you connect your computer to our network you will need to open a browser. Our Safe Connect page will load and you will need to install the Safe Connect Key from this page. Users must install the Safe Connect Key before being allowed on the college’s network. The Safe Connect Key is a small program that checks your computer to verify that there is an Anti-Virus program installed, up to date, and running and that there is no file sharing programs running.
  3. No file sharing programs (torrents) are allowed running on your computers on the college’s network.
  4. All computers must have a current and up to date Anti-Virus program installed and running to access the internet. The College can provide a free virus checking software if needed. * Any Antivirus program with a firewall as a part of the program or a standalone firewall program may need additional configuration.

If you need help getting your computer to access the internet you can contact the ITS office at 541.888.7426 or 541.888.7225 or deliver your computer (If a laptop, include power adapter), if a desktop or tower (just the computer no monitor, keyboard, or mouse) to Randolph Hall, Room 7 on campus during scheduled hours (8:00am to 5:00pm Mon.-Fri.) The service is performed for free.

If you deliver your computer to the ITS office in Randolph Hall Room 7 to be configured for the College network, you will still have access to computers in the Willamette River computer lab in Student Housing (24/7) or on the fourth floor of Tioga Hall on campus (during regular working hours Monday-Friday).

Computing Help available online

Schedule of Single Room Rates per Term for 2016-2017 Academic Year


Private Room Rate Fall 2016 Winter 2017 Spring 2017 Total
15 per week $3,858 $2,829 $1,885 $8,572
Flex Plan $3,858 $2,829 $1,885 $8,572
19 per week $4,028 $2,955 $1,970 $8,953


Schedule of Double Room Rates per Term for 2016-2017 Academic Year


Double Room Rate Fall 2016 Winter 2017 Spring 2017 Total
15 per week $3,325 $2,438 $1,625 $7,388
Flex Plan $3,325 $2,438 $1,625 $7,388
19 per week $3,495 $2,564 $1,710 $7,769

Summer Term Housing rates are: Single: $1,680; Double: $1,200.

Schedule of Miscellaneous Deposits and Charges:

  1. $250.00 Housing Deposit
  2. $10.00 Damaged or lost ID card
  3. $30.00 Social Fee (per term)
  4. $50.00 Improper Checkout
  5. $50.00 Damaged or lost key replacement
  6. $50.00 Cleaning charge (minimum)
  7. $25.00 Personal Property Abandonment

Unreported work orders causing excessive damage or waste will be charged back to residents of apartments or rooms.

The Housing Deposit must be submitted with a signed Student Housing Application and Room and Board Agreement. Room assignments will only be made upon receipt of the above agreement and deposit. Deposit refunds typically require 15 business days to process.


Refund Schedule

All room rate refunds are based upon the student being formally released from the agreement by the Housing Office. After the first official day of class, charges are determined on a weekly basis
ending each Friday on the following schedule:**

Move-outs during the 2nd week . . . . . . . . . . Prorated refund of room and board rate and loss of room reservation deposit.
Move-outs after the 2nd week . . . . . . . . . . . Will be charged 100% of the quarter room rate and loss of room reservation deposit.

**Federal Financial Aid students are subject to a different policy. Refer to the Financial Aid-Return of Title IV Funds online at

Living in a community requires each member of the community to take responsibility for their personal safety, the security of their belongings, and the safety and respect of others. Students and their guest(s) residing in student housing are expected to abide by all policies outlined in the Room and Board Agreement. Students are expected to make their guest(s) aware of and assure they follow these policies. The following policies are taken from the Housing Conduct Code section of the Room and Board Agreement

  1. Alcohol and Other Drugs: Housing prohibits the consumption or possession of alcohol (including empty or partially full containers of alcohol), illegal substances, and drug paraphernalia (including anything resembling a bong i.e: hookah and tobacco pipes).
  2. Dangerous Devices: Housing prohibits the possession, use, or threatened use of firearms or projectile weapons (including, but not limited to, any gun or facsimile, stun guns, water guns, and slingshots), ammunition, knives larger than 3 inches, martial arts weapons, explosives, dangerous chemicals, water balloons, or any other objects considered weapons on college property.
  3. Fire Safety: Residents may not possess, display, or burn flammable materials (including, but not limited to, fireworks, candles, incense, gasoline, kerosene lamps, and open cooking elements). Also, residents may not hang anything from the ceiling, including sheets covering light fixtures.
  4. Mattress Pad or Cover: All residents are required to have a mattress pad or cover on their bed.
  5. Pets: Residents may not have animals live or visit them in their apartments.
  6. Tobacco: The College prohibits the use of any tobacco products (including, but not limited to, cigarettes, cigars, chewing tobacco and E-cigarettes) in any manner within the confines of the apartment and buildings. Tobacco use is only permitted within in designated "Tobacco Use Areas".

NOTE: Please be aware that these are some but not all of our housing policies. To read all of the policies in full please review the Housing Conduct Code portion of the Room and Board Agreement.

Student Housing Opens:

Fall 2016: September 24
Winter 2017: Dec. 31
Spring 2017: March 25

No early check-ins will be allowed. Anyone who arrives early will be subject to an additional fee of $100.

Student Housing Closes:

Fall 2016: December 10
Winter 2017: March 18
Spring 2017: June 10