College Graduation 2023
Friday, June 9, 2023 – 12:00 pm*
*Attendance for guests is by ticket only. Participating graduates will pick up their three tickets at rehearsal on Thursday, June 8th.
Commencement Ceremony And Rehearsal
- Rehearsal will be on Thursday, June 8th at 4:00 p.m. We will meet in the Student Recreation Center. You will pick up your 3 guest tickets, go through the entire process of lining up, walking on stage to receive your diploma to leaving the stage in Prosper Hall. If you are unable to attend rehearsal you may pick up your guest tickets on graduation day. Please arrive early.
- On graduation day, graduates should arrive, dressed in cap and gown, by 10:30 a.m. to be ready for the ceremony at 12:00 p.m. You will meet in the gymnasium of the Student Recreation Center, to line up and prepare to enter the auditorium.
- Doors will open at 11:00 am. Family members with tickets should plan to be seated by 11:45 a.m. Once the academic procession begins, late arrivals will be asked to wait until all the graduates have been seated, before proceeding into the auditorium. It is, therefore, advisable for guests to arrive well before the start of commencement.
- Guests without tickets will be directed to the auditorium in Umpqua Hall or to the Performing Arts Center for overflow seating. The ceremony will be Livestreamed in these auditoriums.
- The ceremony should end by 2:30 p.m. A reception will follow in Umpqua Hall.
- If children become restless, families may take them to the Student Recreation lobby. Children must be under an adult’s supervision as child care is not provided.
- Please request special accommodations before June 1 in order for us to meet your needs. A sign language interpreter will be available throughout the commencement ceremony. ADA parking will be available behind the Prosper, Sumner and Fairview Halls and Parking Lot 4.
- LIVE STREAMING will be available for those unable to attend.
- College Graduation Applications due February 3, 2023.
- Rehearsal is June 8th at 4:00 p.m. in the Student Recreation Center Gym.
- Commencement is June 9th at 12:00 p.m. in Prosper Hall.
- Tickets – Eligible graduating students will each receive 3 tickets. All children must have tickets. There will be a live closed circuit telecast of the commencement ceremony in Umpqua Hall for those members of your group who can’t be seated in Prosper Hall.
- To participate in this memorable event, graduates must be robed. For information on how to obtain a cap and gown, please contact the Campus Store at 541-888-7264.
- Explanation of Honors
- Phi Theta Kappa – an international honors society
- Graduating with Honors – students who have met the criteria for graduation and have a 3.75 cumulative GPA (includes all transfer credits from other colleges).
- Valedictorian – students who have met the criteria for graduation and who have maintained a 4.0 GPA.
- Childcare is not provided.
- Students will receive their diploma 2-3 weeks after all grades are submitted, all accounts are paid in full and holds are resolved.
Honor Your Graduate With A Legacy Brick
We permanently place your brick on display in Henry Hansen Union Square, in the center of our Coos Campus.
All proceeds support Alumni Association Scholarships.
- Purchase a 4″x8″ permanent brick for a donation of $100
- Purchase a 8″x8″ permanent brick for a donation of $200