SNAP Training & Employment Program (STEP)
Providing Basic Needs for Students
SNAP Recipients Eligible For Free Education And Career Services!
STEP (SNAP Training & Employment Program) is a free, voluntary program that can provide students and job seekers with basic needs and some financial assistance to get started on and reach their career and/or education goals. Simply put, your success is our goal!
Am I Eligible?
TANF recipients are not eligible, please contact us if your TANF benefits are ending soon!
- Must be currently receiving SNAP benefits.
- Must be interested in pursuing education, training, and/or employment opportunities.
How Can STEP Help Me?
- GED®, College Readiness & Education Planning, Academic Support
- Financial Aid & Scholarships Navigation, Tuition Assistance
- Course and Testing Fees, Supplies, Books
- Transportation Assistance
- Career Readiness, Individualized Job Search, Applications, Resume
- Interview & Work Clothing, Equipment, Tools
- Community Resources & Referrals
- And much more!
How Do I Enroll In STEP At Southwestern?
Participants determined eligible will schedule a time to meet with a STEP Career Coach to develop an individualized plan to fit their needs and goals.
Need Help Choosing A Career?
Use our Career Coach to find out how your interests match up with current education and career pathways!
Students shouldn’t have to compromise basic needs to afford college.
If you are struggling to make ends meet, get plugged into the resources available to you on campus and in the community. Reach out to your Community Resource and Benefits Navigator at Southwestern today: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 541-888-7462.
Visit the SPOT! Located in Empire Hall Southwestern’s FREE student resource for food pantry items, clothing, hygiene, and toiletries. Please call for appointment 541-888-7316 or 541-888-7462 or book an appointment here.
If you or someone you know needs immediate food assistance visit South Coast Food Share (SCFS).