& Family Studies
Prepare for a career as a K-8th grade teacher or in early childhood development!
Educating happy, healthy children is a complex and rewarding task. Prepare for a career working with children and their families or start your journey to become a kindergarten – 8th grade teacher.
Our education program is flexible—designed to fit your busy life and get you into the classroom. You can complete your degree entirely online at your pace: part-time or full-time. Continue to work and have time for your life.
Our education and family studies students are:
- Part-time or full-time learners
- Local or remote
- Current early care and education providers looking for professional development
- Current or future teachers
- Successful in transferring to 4-year universities
- …and more!
Earn your AAOT in Elementary Education here
Transfer directly to any public Oregon university elementary education
program as a junior.
Need help with costs?
Ask about possible support through SNAP Training & Employment Program (STEP)
Child Care Resource and Referral
Your go-to resource for:
- Becoming an Early Care and Education provider or starting your own childcare business
- Those working in the field of childcare in need of professional development, resources, and support
- Searching for childcare and education programs for your child that fit your needs
Degrees & Certificates
Specific overview, class descriptions and courses you’ll take for each degree/certificate.
Become a kindergarten – 8th grade teacher!
Childhood Education & Family Studies
Become an early care and education provider, parenting educator, or home visitor.
- Childhood Education and Family Studies, Associate of Science
- Preschool Child Development, Associate of Applied Science
- Preschool Children, Education and Development I, Career Pathway Certificate of Completion
- Preschool Children, Education and Development II, Certificate of Completion
- Parenting Educator and Early Childhood Home Visitor, Career Pathway Certificate of Completion
TEACH OUR FUTURE
Study with local faculty and teacher mentors. Thoughtful matching with local schools for practicum placements.
Complete at your own pace: online, part-time or full-time.
Stay in the region to earn your bachelor’s degree and teaching license.
MEET OUR STUDENTS
“I saw how the professors worked as a team. They were in close contact with each other and helped me navigate the program. They believed in me and that was very motivating!”
– Cara Dailey, 2021 Graduate
$28.07/hr is the average for Elementary School Teachers, Except Special Education
$45.25/hr is the average for Education Administrators, Kindergarten through Secondary
$26.02/hr is the average for Child, Family, and School Social Workers
$16.58/hr is the average for Preschool Teachers, Except Special Education
$30.32/hr is the average for Kindergarten Teachers, Except Special Education
Source: Oregon Employment Department