Annual SWOCC Foundation Scholarships
The Southwestern Oregon Community College Foundation scholarship application season is currently CLOSED. Applications are available annually January 1 - March 1.
The Southwestern Foundation offers more than 100 scholarships annually for students attending or planning to attend Southwestern. Last year, awards totaled more than $250,000 to students. Applicants submit one application online and are automatically applied to the scholarships for which they qualify.
GET A JUMP START! Any student planning to take classes in the 2022-23 academic year is encouraged to apply, starting January 1, 2022:
- Apply to Southwestern. If you have never completed an application for admission to the College, you must first do so before applying for Southwestern Foundation scholarships. (This includes students currently working on their GED, as well as high school students taking college classes).
- Work on your personal statements and answers to longer questions on the application:
- What are your specific educational plans and career goals and why? What inspires you to achieve them? (300 word maximum)
- What have you done for your family or community that you care about the most and why? (300 word maximum)
- Describe a personal accomplishment and the strengths and skills you used to achieve it. (300 word maximum)
- Describe a significant change or experience that has occurred in your life. How did you respond and what did you learn about yourself? (300 word maximum)
- ORGANIZATIONS / ACTIVITIES / COMMUNITY SERVICE – List any organizations/activities and community service you are involved with. These could be school activities, volunteer activities (community/family) and/or paid work experience. (500 words maximum)
- AWARDS / HONORS / DISTINCTIONS – List any awards, honors or distinctions you have earned and the year they were earned. (300 words maximum)
- Check back here after January 1, 2022 and complete your application! Having answers to the above questions ready to go will make it easy for you to submit your application.
Timeline: Annual SWOCC Foundation Scholarship Deadlines
Scholarships and associated applications listed below fall outside the annual Foundation Scholarship application process:
LAKERS CARE GRANT (2021-22 ACADEMIC YEAR ONLY) - For both part- and full-time students who have experienced financial hardships during the COVID-19 pandemic. Funds are limited and will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. Students can apply once per term during the 2021-2022 academic year.
**IMPORTANT** Before applying for any of the below scholarships, please check with a Southwestern advisor, faculty or staff member to ensure you qualify. They are available for students to apply for all throughout the year. Please contact the Southwestern Foundation with questions (see below for contact information).