Southwestern ScholarshipsWe are now accepting applications! The Southwestern Oregon Community College Foundation scholarship application cycle is open annually January 1 – March 1. Please see below for information on timing, scholarships available and how to apply.
Scholarship applications are accepted January 1 – March 1, 2017:
- DUE DATE: All applications are DUE MARCH 1, 2017 by 11:59 p.m. No exceptions.
- *NEW* Early Bird Deadline: Applications submitted before 11:59 p.m. on February 1, 2017 will be entered to win a $1,000 “early bird” scholarship.
- Don’t wait, apply now! It is HIGHLY recommended ALL applicants read the “how to apply” instructions below and try accessing the application website before February 15, 2017 to ensure they are able to login and complete their application on time. This is especially important for new/incoming students since they need to complete an “application for admission” and receive a SOCC email account to access the application.
The Foundation offers more than 50 scholarships for students attending or planning to attend Southwestern, totaling approximately $100,000 in money awarded to students.
HOW TO APPLY
Any full or part-time student planning to attend Southwestern for the 2017/18 academic year may apply for Foundation scholarships. Please follow one the steps below:
Current or Admitted Students:
- Access your SOCC email account. (This was provided to you during the “application for admission” process). This email is what you will use to login and apply for scholarships. All correspondence regarding your application and award status will be done via this email.
- Can't find your SOCC email?
- Login to MyLakerLink using your student ID number and password. If you don’t know or haven’t changed your password, it is typically your 6 or 8 digit date of birth.
- Click HERE to see your “email address” and “email login”.
- Click on the “student email” link located in the “Quick Links” section on the left side of the screen, and login to your student email account by following the directions online. Here, you’ll use your “email login” to access your SOCC email. (Again, if you don’t know or haven’t changed your password, it is typically your 6 or 8 digit date of birth).
- Can't find your SOCC email?
- Go to the Southwestern Foundation AwardSpring Application Website and click on the “First time here?” prompt. Click the “set your password” button.
- Enter your SOCC “email address” (the one with your name, NOT your student ID) and click on the “Send Email” button. A link to set your password will be sent to your SOCC email.
- Retrieve the password that was sent to your SOCC email address.
- Login to the scholarship application using your SOCC email and the password sent.
- Complete and submit the scholarship application before MARCH 1, 2017 at 11:59 p.m.
Prospective Students: If you have NEVER completed an application for admission please follow these steps below. If you have already completed the application for admission for future attendance you do not need to do so again (go back and follow the steps for “current or admitted” students above).
- Fill out the “application for admission”. Allow up to 72 hours (on business days) to process your application.
- You will then receive your acceptance information that will include a SOCC email account.
- Once you receive your acceptance packet with your SOCC email, please follow the above instructions for “current or admitted students.”
Questions? Contact the Foundation:
- Email us
- Tioga Hall, Room #503
Grossman Emergency Scholarship
This scholarship is for students on the Coos and Curry campuses who are experiencing an emergency situation that would prevent them from attending current classes. Preference is for students pursuing business studies. There is a $250 maximum award per student per academic year.
Olive Bridge Emergency Scholarship
This scholarship is for students on the Coos and Curry campuses who are experiencing a surmountable and temporary emergency situation that would prevent them from attending current classes. Preference is for students pursuing health care-related studies. There is a $500 maximum award per student per academic year.
Smullen Scholarship Recipient
If you have a dream and you are willing to work hard to achieve it, there should be nothing and no one holding you back. To quote Rocky Balboa, ‘If you know what you’re worth, go out and get what you’re worth.’ I am so thankful to you for helping me to try and get what I know I’m worth, and I know your contribution to my goal will be an essential stepping stone in getting me that much closer to it.
Oregon Lottery Scholarship Recipient
I am very appreciative of your donation and am grateful for the opportunity and your donation will hugely impact my life. … I plan to go into the education field and hopefully become a principal or athletic director for a local high school or college.
Bezzerides Scholarship Recipient
I began researching what it would take for me to return to school at almost 40 years of age with a family, a full-time job and my husband as a commercial fisherman. The scholarship you have granted me will be an essential part of my ability to cover the expenses related with attending Southwestern. I am forever grateful for the honor that you have given me.
2014 Distinguished Alumnus
Today, we know that for most young people to pursue the careers that will provide them with a reliable and financially secure future they need education beyond high school. Scholarships are vital to ensuring people can go to college and improve their future. You can help. I encourage you to take a step and support scholarships through the SWOCC Foundation in whatever way you can.