A Message to our Residents
Congratulations! You made it through winter term.
Spring Break is March 22-26, 2021.
Student Housing and Dining Services will remain open during the break. We strongly encourage residents to stay in the area and not travel over the break.
- The Dining Hall will be providing meals:
- Swipe your card as usual.
- Regular hot lunch hours Monday, March 22nd – Friday, March 26th 11:00am-1:00pm.
- There will be a packaged dinner and some breakfast items available for pickup during lunch service.
- Student Leaders are planning activities for you to participate in throughout the week.
- We will continue to require face coverings. Masks must be tightly fitting and correctly worn, covering both your nose and mouth, and are required every time you leave your apartment. For those who decide to not wear a mask while moving about outside of your apartment the following consequences are in place:
- First Offense - Verbal warning will be issued by Housing personnel and documented
- Second Offense – Written warning issued by Housing personnel with follow up conduct meeting
- Third Offense – Eviction from Housing. As per the “Public Health Informed Policies” section of the Room and Board Agreement, Southwestern Housing reserves the right to terminate housing contracts due to any public health concerns. Students will be given 24 hours to vacate their apartment.
- Previous COVID cases in housing have been traced to off campus guests so please keep off campus visitors to a minimum. Other guest visitation policies will be at the discretion of the individual apartment and documented within the Roommate Agreement.
- Given the current circumstances, it will be extremely difficult to accommodate room changes. If there are issues within an apartment, please speak with your RA who will assist you.
If you are not returning to housing spring term please make sure you complete the following steps before you go.
- Submit a Housing cancelation form https://mylakerlink.socc.edu/ICS/Campus_Life/Housing_Cancellation.jnz.
- Notify your RA.
- Clear out all your personal belongings and clean your area.
- Return your room key to the Housing office.
Thanks for your cooperation in keeping our campus safe and healthy. If you have further questions or comments, please contact us.
A great place to live!
Southwestern's student housing is safe, affordable and offers great amenities, not to mention it's great living on campus. We work hard to help you make the most of your education and your college experience.
Our apartment-style housing is on the shores of beautiful Empire Lakes, and is within walking distance to classes.
All apartments are fully furnished with a living room, dining area and full kitchen. Apartments have three to four bedrooms and two full bathrooms. Wi-fi and a TV/movie streaming service are standard. All furniture and appliances have recently been updated.
Hang out with friends
Stop by the Lighthouse Depot to meet friends. There's a large living room with big screen TV, as well as a game room with foosball, air hockey, pool table/billiards and ping pong. Outside the Lighthouse Depot there's a covered patio, barbecue, sand volleyball pit, and basketball court. All rec equipment is provided by housing and is free to use by housing students.
Also, you'll find a quiet study area, computer lab, and laundry facilities. Throughout campus, there are more study areas, computer and tutoring labs, a library, and a rec center with climbing wall, racquetball, and more.
Take a tour
Drop-in tours are available from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Room and Board Agreement
Here is a link to a copy of the current academic year Room and Board Agreement. It includes pricing and other important Housing Policy information.