Financial Aid at Southwestern
Southwestern Oregon Community College offers a number of financial aid programs in the form of grants, loans, tuition scholarships and employment. Students interested in federal financial aid are encouraged to apply online at www.fafsa.gov. Funds are limited and students should apply early.
CARES Act Funding Updates:
- October 14, 2020 - Quarterly Budget & Expenditure Reporting
- October 14, 2020
- September 30, 2020
- August 27, 2020
- July 20, 2020
- June 9, 2020
- May 11, 2020
Federal School Code: 003220
|Terms of Enrollment||FAFSA Deadline||Deadline for Submission of Additional Paperwork Required of Every Financial Aid Applicant|
|Summer Term 2020-2021||January 1, 2020||April 3, 2020 - Contact our office if attending|
|Fall Term 2020-2021||March 1, 2020||June 5, 2020|
|Winter Term 2020-2021||August 1, 2020||November 6, 2020|
|Spring Term 2020-2021||November 1, 2020||February 5, 2021|
- Paperwork submitted OR postmarked after the deadline dates will be processed as quickly as possible.
- Be aware that late paperwork may not be processed before the term begins.
- Plan on at least 8 to 12 weeks processing time from the time you turn in your last piece of paperwork. During peak times, especially August through October, the wait could be up to 16 weeks.
- You will need to make payment arrangements with the Student First Stop Center if you have not received your official award letter by the payment deadline date.
College Score Card - College Scorecards in the U.S. Department of Education’s College Affordability and Transparency Center make it easier for you to search for a college that is a good fit for you. You can use the College Scorecard to find out more about a college’s affordability and value so you can make more informed decisions about which college to attend.
Net Price Calculator - This calculator is intended to provide estimated net price information (defined as estimated cost of attendance — including tuition and required fees, books and supplies, room and board (meals), and other related expenses — minus estimated grant and scholarship aid) to current and prospective students and their families based on what similar students paid in a previous year.
Default Prevention - We’ve teamed up with Solutions at ECMC to answer all of your student loan repayment questions. Solutions is a service of the non-profit organization ECMC and is dedicated to helping students manage educational loans. Their resources are available to you free of charge. To contact a Solutions Student Loan Repayment Advisor, email or web chat, or call them at 1-877-331-3262.