Welcome International Students!
Southwestern Oregon Community College is a fully accredited, two-year community college located in an area famous for its scenic beauty, outdoor activities, and mild climate. At Southwestern, students can earn Associate degrees or complete short-term certificate programs in more than 50 academic subjects. We also have an on-site Culinary Institute for pursuing a career in the Culinary Arts and Baking & Pastry Arts. For students seeking to complete a Bachelor's degree, Southwestern Oregon Community College is an excellent place to complete the first two years of a Bachelor's degree (2+2 transfer preparation program) before transferring to a four-year university in Oregon or across the United States.
International Students Programs at Southwestern were created specifically to ensure a successful educational and personal experience among our international students as well as to promote cross-cultural understanding. Services for international students include academic and immigration advising, personal counseling and special events/activities.
We are committed to helping international students adjust to the U.S. educational and cultural environment. You will find a personal and caring atmosphere with faculty and staff who take an interest in you and your future. We are confident that you will soon see Southwestern as your new home away from home.
Would you like to see more photos of Southwestern? Then please check out our International Viewbook.
- Native speakers of English from Australia Canada, New Zealand, Ireland, South Africa, and the United Kingdom are not required to provide proof of English proficiency. Academic transcripts that show proof of study at an English medium of instruction institution may also serve as proof of English proficiency in countries outside of the list above. However, such considerations and exceptions cannot be guaranteed and will be assessed on a case-by-case basis for each student.
- Academic Calendar
- Final Exam Schedule
- International Education Service (IES)
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS)
Programs of Study at Southwestern
- Associate of Arts Oregon Transfer (AA/OT)
- Oregon Transfer Module (OTM)
- Associate of Science (AS)
- Associate of General Studies (AGS)
- Associate of Applied Science (AAS)
- Associate of Science/Oregon Transfer degree in Business (AS/OT-Bus)
- One-year Certificates of Completion
- Less than One-year Certificates of Completion
Tuition Information for F-1 Visa International Students
The cost of the Associate of Applied Science in Culinary Arts or Baking and Pastry is a flat USD$25,200 for the entire program (12 months on-campus studies): http://www.occi.net/admissions/tuition.shtml. There is 3-month externship required after completion of 12-month on-campus studies, which can be done anywhere, even outside of the US.
Please see below an estimate cost of 2016-2017 academic year (12 months) for international students on the F-1 visa status:
|Tuition & Fees||$25,200|
|International Student Scholarship for OCCI programs||-$1,000|
|Double Room & Board (On-Campus Housing)||$7,388|
Estimated Total Expenses
*Includes Summer Term
Links to information on pathways for transfer students at Oregon’s seven public universities are below.