Southwestern Hosts Alumni Weekend and Golf Tournament Scholarship Fundraiser
Coos Bay, OR – Southwestern Oregon Community College (SWOCC) and the SWOCC Foundation invite the community and businesses to participate in a celebration of alumni. Festivities will take place June 3-4, 2022, and include a Golf Tournament (to fundraise for scholarships) and a Hall of Fame ceremony.
Friday, June 3:
- All Day = Campus Tours: call 541-888-1595 or click HERE to schedule
- 5:30 p.m. = Social at the Back Alley Pub & Grill
Saturday, June 4:
- 9 a.m. = Opportunity Links! Golf Tournament at the Coos Golf Club to fundraiser for scholarships (registration required)
- 3 p.m. = Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony & Athletic Awards at Prosper Hall
This year’s event will kick off with a “meet and greet social” at 5:30 p.m. on Friday, June 3, at The Back Alley Pub & Grill.
At 9 a.m., Saturday morning, the SWOCC Foundation will host a golf tournament at the Coos Golf Club. If you are interested in putting together a four-person team for $600, or would like to sponsor the event, please contact the SWOCC Foundation: email@example.com or 541-888-7209. Your donation will fund scholarships for students who attend Southwestern on both our Coos and Curry campuses.
Following the golf tournament on Saturday at 3 p.m., the athletic department will honor former athletes, teams, coaches, and those who have had a noteworthy impact on the school and its athletic programs. The Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony will take place in Prosper Hall during the annual sports awards. One team and three individuals covering a wide range of Laker history will make up the Southwestern Hall of Fame class of 2022.
This will be a no-host weekend, and the public is encouraged to come to the event.
The Hall of Fame class of 2022 inductees are:
- The late Jennifer Gunnell (Volleyball 1989-90)
- Joanna Grotenhuis (Volleyball 1990-91)
- John Speasl (former Athletic Director and coach, 1973 – 2011)
- The first Southwestern baseball team (1966-67) including players:
- Harry Abel, Jack Greene, Dan Kirk*, Lewis LaFleur*, Ray Lemke, Dennis Metzger, Dennis Rodgers*, Terry Severson*, John Walker* and Tom Wright, coached by the late Bill Horning.
*The college is seeking help in locating some team members. Anyone with information should contact the hall of fame committee at firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-888-7208.