Staff & Administration
We lead and inspire lifelong learning
Here at Southwestern, we employ more than 400 full and part-time employees who are passionate about providing a quality education for our students. We see lives transformed through education and get to have a direct impact on our local community.
When you work in “Laker Nation” you’ll see this commitment manifested by some of the opportunities and benefits we offer. Many employees who come to Southwestern enjoy the college and culture so much they stay until retirement.
Southwestern leads and inspires lifelong learning
(Adopted June 26, 2006)
Southwestern Oregon Community College supports student achievement by providing access to lifelong learning and community engagement in a sustainable manner.
(Adopted November 19, 2012)
Our core values
- Community - Build collegiality by providing a welcoming and supportive atmosphere with respect for diversity.
- Learning - Filter every decision, activity and function through a lens of learning.
- Innovation - Empower creative, progressive thinking that results in sustainable, positive change.
- Professionalism - Present ourselves with honesty and integrity working together to achieve our goals.
- Stewardship - Sustainably manage our environmental and fiscal resources to support our staff, students and community.
Is this sounding good to you? Let’s connect!
Yes, 30 years!
I love working here
Southwestern employs more than 400 peole in all kinds of jobs. Some of our employees have enjoyed working here for many years, including Robin Bunnell, celebrating her 30th year.
"It’s easy to make a lifelong career here, with the many opportunities for advancement and for exploring different jobs."