Southwestern's Board of Education
Citizens of the college district are represented in all aspects of the college operation by the Board of Education - seven men and women elected by the residents of the college district. The Board, assisted by four ex-officio Board members representing the students, faculty, and classified staff, determines the policies to be administered by the college President. A seven-member, appointed Budget Committee assists the Board with annual budget preparation.
Upcoming Board Meetings
Retreat, September 8 & 9, 2016 (TBA)
Regular Meeting, September 8, 2016 (4:30 p.m.)
Conference Call Meeting, September 14, 2016 (3:00 p.m.)
Southwestern leads and inspires lifelong learning (Adopted June 26, 2006)
Southwestern Oregon Community College supports student achievement by providing access to lifelong learning and community engagement in a sustainable manner. (Adopted November 19, 2012)
CORE VALUES: (Revised March 23, 2015)
- Annual Report 2015
- Annual Report 2014
- Annual Report 2013
- Annual Report 2012
- Annual Report 2011
- Annual Report 2010
- Annual Report 2009
- Annual Report 2008
- Annual Report 2007
- Annual Report 2006
1988 Newmark Ave.
Coos Bay, OR 97420
Budget Committee & Calendar (additional materials regarding meetings can be found in the Meeting Materials section)
- 2016-17 Budget Calendar
- 2016-17 Legal Budget Meeting Notice
- Budget Committee
- Budget Committee Application
SOUTHWESTERN OREGON COMMUNITY COLLEGE BOARD GOALS 2015-16
- Support the development of a Health and Science Technology building matching funds campaign.
- Add Deferred Maintenance/Facilities to the monthly Board agendas.
- So that we can respond effectively, become knowledgeable about key issues including...
- HECC, CCWD, Boards of Education and Higher Education, and their relationships and impact
- Vision for Community Enhancement Plan funding
- Review and revise board policy sections 3000 to 6000.
- Work with the Foundation Board to implement the College vision and goals.
- Support and participate in Foundation activities.
- Oregon Community College Association (OCCA)
- Department of Community Colleges and Workforce Development (CCWD)
- ORS Chapter 341 (Community Colleges)
- ORS Chapter 192 (Public Meeting Laws)
- OAR Chapter 199 (Gifts)
- Oregon School Boards Association
- American Association of Community Colleges
- Association of Community College Trustees
Other Oregon Community colleges
- Blue Mountain Community College (Pendleton)
- Central Oregon Community College (Bend)
- Chemeketa Community College (Salem)
- Clackamas Community College (Oregon City)
- Clatsop Community College (Astoria)
- Columbia Gorge Community College (The Dalles)
- Klamath Community College (Klamath Falls)
- Lane Community College (Eugene)
- Linn-Benton Community College (Albany)
- Mt. Hood Community College (Gresham)
- Oregon Coast Community College (Newport)
- Portland Community College (Portland)
- Rogue Community College (Grants Pass)
- Tillamook Bay Community College (Tillamook)
- Treasure Valley Community College (Ontario)
- Umpqua Community College (Roseburg)